ONLINE VISIBILITY FOR YOUR BUSINESS
The most crucial aspect of your business’ success is your visibility. How well do people know of your existence? If you don’t appear in front of your ideal audience, they will end up choosing someone else with more visibility who provides the services you offer. The best way to increase your chances of gaining customers is to increase your business’ visibility by learning why and how.
Ideally, the businesses who have the most ability and highest quality of service or products would be the ones who receive the most customers. But the reality is that business is first a popularity contest before an ability contest. People consider visibility to equal credibility. If they don’t know who you are, they won’t choose you, which is why an investment in your business’ visibility is an investment in its success. Even the best product can potentially be useless to bringing in customers if no one knows about you.
Imagine you are shopping for new electronics for your home. You start to do your research on the best electronic brands. What pops up? Not necessarily the best brands. Just the best-marketed brands. Why will you buy LG before you buy SONY? Because you’ve heard of LG countless times. They’ve told you all over the internet that they offer the best electronics out there and are one of the first electronics brands that come to mind. SONY electronics might work well. But that’s the thing about online marketing. Some businesses get paid for who they are. Not what they do.
A company’s visibility online refers to how easily your company or product can be found. For example, if you are a makeup company, where do you rank when someone searches for “ best fashion stores” on major search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo!? If you appear on the first page, customers are more likely to at least click on your site to see what you have to offer. Online visibility strategies include creating online content and adverts optimized for a specific audience to appear on relevant channels such as social media, websites, and search engines. The goal of online marketing is to create content specific to the ideal audience and display it where they will be looking versus creating a generic ad to be displayed to everyone. Online marketing assumes your audience is looking for you. The more people who find your company, the more conversions you will receive. You can market your business through blogging, social media, videos, and event.
WHY ONLINE VISIBILITY IS SO IMPORTANT TO YOUR BUSINESS
At first, this seems so obvious. After all, who would hire you or buy your product if they don’t know you exist? And, of course, that’s completely true. People don’t buy services or products they don’t know about. So that’s one reason visibility is important. But there are others.
- The more your prospective customers see, hear, and read about you in more places – web sites, Facebook posts, articles, radio shows, blog posts, etc. – the more you are seen as an expert. Your content may even be similar to other information they’ve already heard, but the fact that all these sources seem to have sought out your opinion and your audience sees your content everywhere they look, automatically gives you star ranking.
- When people see and hear what you have to say, chances are they’ll go to your website to learn more. This is a terrific opportunity to get these visitors on your list and show them what else they can get from you, whether free or paid. Once they’re on your list, you’ll have an even better way to stay visible to them!
- When your prospective customers are ready to purchase what you offer, you want to be the first business that comes to their mind. If you stay in front of them on a regular basis, you’re more likely to get the call or the sale when someone is ready to buy.
- Being consistent with your marketing efforts is itself attractive to potential customers. If you’re on schedule and steady with your own business, chances are you’ll bring those traits to your work with clients as well.
- Visibility also attracts affiliates, partners, and joint ventures. Not only are you seen as an expert by these people, too, but your effective and consistent marketing is seen as another benefit of working with you.
So now that you’re thoroughly convinced that visibility needs to be a key part of your marketing strategy, how do you accomplish it?
Decide what activities you want to do on a regular basis to be visible to your audience. These might include:
- Social media advert (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.)
- Video creation and animation
- Email marketing
- Affiliate marketing
Web development and a whole lot more
If you want to become the first business your audience thinks of, log on to www.startuphub.com.ng today to ask us how we can best help serve your marketing needs.